JEWISH FEDERATION OF SOUTHERN ARIZONA
WOMEN’S PHILANTHROPY DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona, located in Tucson, is an innovative, mission-driven non-profit organization dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive Jewish community for all. Tucson is a growing desert community, home to almost 30,000 Jews, the University of Arizona, and a full complement of Jewish agencies and congregations.
Are you a driven, dynamic professional with a proven background in fundraising, face-to-face solicitation, and relationship building?
Do you thrive in a creative, fast-paced team environment?
Do you care about and understand the needs and interests of the Jewish community?
If you answered yes to these questions, we may be a perfect match!!
The Federation seeks a dynamic Women’s Philanthropy Director who is capable of thriving in a multi-dimensional environment. The Women’s Philanthropy Director will oversee all areas of Women’s Philanthropy, outreach and engagement, social action; and in conjunction with the Senior VP campaign, leadership succession and National Women’s Philanthropy initiatives. The chosen candidate will exhibit the skills needed to help create a sustainable Women’s Philanthropy.
- Works with the Senior VP to plan, organize, and direct an annual fundraising campaign for Women’s Philanthropy.
- Assists the Senior VP in working with lay leadership and campaign personnel to establish and develop appropriate goals, policies, and programs related to the Federation’s various development efforts with the goal of increasing revenue.
- Serves as relationship manager: cultivating and maintaining relationships with donors and prospects by conducting pre-planned face to face meetings.
- Assists the Senior VP to plan Annual Lion of Judah Luncheon, Lion of Judah Missions, and other campaign division events.
- Assists Senior VP to engage Women’s Philanthropy donors in legacy conversations, focusing on increasing the number of Lion of Judah Endowments, Forever Lions.
- Proactively connects with existing donors and prospects to extend the reach and awareness of Federation.
- Engage women in the community to increase activity and participation in all areas of the Federation activities.
- Works with the Senior VP and the entire Campaign team to support key fundraising events such as Campaign Leadership Summits, Super Sunday, Campaign training, and the Together event.
- Oversees the Women’s Philanthropy Annual Connections Event, Annual Welcome Event, WP Outreach and Engagement Events, and WP Social Action Events/Projects.
- Oversees the Women’s Philanthropy Advisory Council.
- Oversees the Young Women’s Cabinet.
- Plans, organizes, supervises and/or staffs other functions as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 2 to 3 years progressively responsible experience in successful fundraising of leadership. level gifts with demonstrated success cultivating, soliciting and stewarding increased giving.
- Knowledge of fundraising systems and experience in prospect identification.
- Strong donor-relation and/or customer relation skills: proven ability in creating strategies to cultivate prospects and channel donor engagement leading to greater charitable support.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Windows, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and fundraising database software.
- Positive, can-do, go getter attitude.
- Ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and exhibit sound judgment.
- Aptitude for detail and commitment to accuracy and follow through.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to work "after hours" including Saturday nights, Sundays and evenings.
- Strong commitment to the Federation’s mission and an ability to interpret this mission.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- 2-3 years of development focused experience
To apply, please send resume, salary history, and references to [email protected]