Jewish Tucson Newsflash Guidelines
Jewish Tucson NewsFlash! Jewish Tucson NewsFlash continues a long and strong tradition of supporting active engagement in our exciting and lively Jewish community. As always, we’re grateful for our partnership with each agency, synagogue and organization that contributes to our richness and diversity.
About the Jewish Tucson Newsflash
Each Thursday Jewish Tucson Newsflash will feature community events from our synagogues, agencies or organizations that that will take place over the next week to ten days. The events will link to the calendar on www.jewishtucson.org/calendar website page. One article from the Arizona Jewish Post will also be highlighted in each newsletter.
Jewish Tucson Newsflash Publication Schedule
- The Jewish Tucson Newsflash will be published weekly from August through May of each year.
- On June 8, 2017, the Newsflash will publish an edition for the entire month of June.
- On July 6, 2017, the Newsflash will publish an edition for the entire month of July.
- The newsletter will be distributed by the end of the workday on Thursday
- Each synagogue, agency or Jewish organization sponsoring an event may submit up to two (2) events that will take place over the following 7- 10 days from the Thursday of publication.
- On occasion, events may appear in two successive editions, but this is discouraged on a regular basis.
- Jewish Tucson Newsflash event submissions are due by Wednesday at noon to [email protected] and must be on the Jewish Tucson website calendar (www.jewishtucson.org/calendar) prior to inclusion.
- Events are listed in the Newsflash chronologically by date, then time, and if more than one event is at the same time they are listed alphabetically by synagogue, agency or organization.
- Criteria for each event:
o Events must currently be posted on the Jewish Tucson Community Calendar and will link from the newsletter to the event on the community calendar (www.jewishtucson.org/calendar).
o A calendar distribution has been created and a Request for Events is sent out on the Monday prior to the Newsflash. Response to that email is requested. If you would like to be inlcuded on this list please email [email protected]
o Email your event(s) with name, date and time in response to the reminder email sent on Mondays.
o Include contact information for the submitter in case there are any questions.
o Descriptions on the Jewish Tucson calendar will serve as a “teaser” for the link to the event on the Jewish Tucson Newsflash. Choose your words carefully
o Photos will be used that are already posted on the Jewish Tucson website calendar.
Submissions without the above-listed criteria will not be included. Jewish Tucson Newsflash staff makes all final decisions about what content will be included in the newsletter and may edit or change submissions before including them. Jewish Tucson Newsflash is not responsible for inaccurate information, including but not limited to incorrect dates, times, and locations, posted on the newsletter. The staff reserves the right to decline event submissions.
Effective December 10, 2015
Updated January 2017